Article marketing is some of the most effective marketing you will ever do. You will be astounded at how well it actually works – if you do it right. Here are some tips to help you get started on the right track when it comes to affiliate marketing:
1. Don’t assume that you can write. Not everyone can write in a way that compels potential readers to read. Write an article and ask others to read it. Ask for constructive criticism, and insist that your friend or relative reading the article be honest with you. If you can’t write, or you don’t express yourself well in writing, hire a ghost writer.
2. Write more than one author’s resource box, and test different versions of it to find out which one works best. This may require extensive testing to determine whether it is the text of the article that promotes the click-through, or the text of the author’s resource box.
3. If your articles are not getting you the traffic that you desire, you are probably doing something wrong. Before you take the time and effort to submit another article, fix the problem. Change your author’s resource box. Look at other articles that are published within your niche and see how yours compares. Figure out what is wrong and fix it!
4. Use software to submit your articles if you must, but submit to the better article repositories manually. If possible, pay a submission service to submit articles for you. Many article repositories ban software submitters.
5. Write and submit articles on a regular basis. Create a schedule and stick to it. If you can submit one article per week, that is great. If you can submit every two weeks, that is fine as well. Monthly also works. However, if you need back links fast, or exposure fast, submit one article every single day for the first month, then cut back to a less demanding schedule.
6. Always check and double check your spelling and grammar before submitting an article. Submitting articles with incorrect spellings and poor grammar only serve to damage your credibility!