By Adam Waxler
Ask any internet marketing “guru” and they will tell you the same thing:
“Sooner or later you will have to have your own product to sell.”
The fact is, the easiest product to make and sell is an ebook.
Even if all you do is sell affiliate products, at some point you’ll need to write your own ebook, such as “How to Make Money as an Affiliate”.
However, the purpose of this article is not to show you how or why to write an ebook. If that is what you want then read Jim Edward’s ebook “How to Write and Publish Your Own Ebook… in as Little as 7 Days”
The purpose of this article is to teach you how to make money once that ebook is written.
Here are 10 tips for making money with ebooks:
1. Allow newsletter publishers or web site owners in your niche market to print excerpts from your ebook with your byline included. Just be careful with this, you don’t want to give away so much information that customers don’t feel they need to buy your ebook.
2. Increase profits by selling monthly updates of your ebook, or the “never released” chapters of your e-book.
3. Purchase reprint rights to other people’s ebooks and combine them with yours in a large package deal or as a bonus for buying your ebook.
4. Change the benefits on your ebook ad copy into links. When people click on the link it will take them right to the order page. It’ll give them an urge to buy your ebook.
5. Offer freebies that are related to the ebook your selling. It could be free monthly ebook updates, free newsletter, free consulting, free software etc.
6. Show your prospects a sample page out of your ebook. Just black out some of the important info. This will make your prospects curious to buy.
7. Offer the reprint rights to your ebook. You can sell the rights with the regular purchase price or as a separate higher price.
8. Make your ebook available in other mediums. For example, you could turn it into a video or audio ebook, etc. There is plenty of easy to use software out the market that can do this.
9. Redesign your ebook for specific niches. You can create multiple ebooks with very little work. For example, turn a business ebook into a craft business ebook. Or, turn a Job Interview Tips ebook into several ebooks geared to specific job markets.
10. Give your prospects discount coupons on other products when they purchase your ebook. Discounts could be for your products or others that you made deals with.
Remember, ebooks are a great way to start earning money online. However, once your ebook and web site are created, you still need to find ways to increase your sales.
About the Author:
Adam Waxler owns and operates The Money Teacher web site and publishes The Money Teacher’s Home Business Tips Newsletter teaching others how to reach online success. To get your free newsletter subscription send a blank email to: [email protected] or visit our web site at http://www.money-teacher.com.